Cascade Continuously Stirred Tank Reactor Apparatus.
In an ideal CSTR (i.e. an ideal steady-state flow reactor) the contents in the reactor This set-up is used to study a noncatalytic homogeneous second order liquid phase reaction under ambient conditions. The setup consists of three CSTR arranged in series and two feed tanks through which two reactants are fed to the reactor.
In an ideal CSTR (i.e. an ideal steady-state flow reactor) the contents in the reactor This set-up is used to study a noncatalytic homogeneous second order liquid phase reaction under ambient conditions. The setup consists of three CSTR arranged in series and two feed tanks through which two reactants are fed to the reactor. Rotameters are provided to measure the individual flow of Chemicals. The flow rate can be adjusted by operating the needle valves provided on the respective Rotameter. Compressed air is used for the circulation of feed. Reactants from feed tanks enter in the first CSTR and are passed to the second CSTR and so on. For analysis, samples are collected from different ports provided. Pressure Regulator, Pressure Gauge and Safety Valve are fitted in the compressed airline
• To study the performance of Cascade of three equal volumes CSTR’s in series for the saponification of a reaction.
• To draw the performance chart for the reactor system and evaluate the reaction rate constant at ambient condition
• Electricity Supply: Single Phase, 220 VAC, 50 Hz, 5-15 Amp combined socket with earth connection. Earth voltage should be less than 5 volts.
• Compressed Air Supply: 0.5 [email protected]
• Water Supply.
• Floor Area Required: 1.5 m x 0.75 m
• Floor Drain.
• Instruments, Laboratory Glassware, and Chemicals required for analysis as per the system adopted.
• Reactor (3Nos.): Material Stainless Steel, Capacity 1 Ltr.(Approx.)
• Stirrer (3Nos.): Stainless Steel Impeller and shaft coupled with FHP Motor.
• Feed Tank (2Nos.): Material Stainless Steel, Capacity – 20 Ltrs. (Approx.)
• Feed Circulation: By compressed air.
• Flow Measurement: Rotameter-2Nos. (one each for Reactants).
• Piping: Stainless Steel and PU pipe
• Pressure Regulator : 0-2 Kg/cm2
• Pressure Gauge: Bourdon type 0-2 Kg/cm2
• Control Panel comprising of Standard make on/off switch, Mains Indicator, etc.
• An ENGLISH instruction manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram, etc. will be provided along with the Apparatus.
• The whole set-up is well designed and arranged on a rigid structure painted with industrial PU Paint.