DARCY’S LAW APPARATUS
Model No: FM-019
The set-up consists of a cylindrical test section filled with porous medium. Pressure tapings are provided in the test section to measure the pressure drop with the help of differential manometer
The set-up consists of a cylindrical test section filled with porous medium. Pressure tapings are provided in the test section to measure the pressure drop with the help of differential manometer.
Present set-up is self-contained water re-circulating unit, provided with a sump tank and a centrifugal pump etc. Flow control valve and bypass valve are fitted in water line to conduct the experiment on different flow rates. Flow rate of water is measured with the help of measuring tank and stop watch.
- Test Section: Material Stainless Steel Dia 120 mm approx., Height 500 mm
- Water Circulation: FHP Pump, Crompton make
- Flow Measurement : Using Measuring Tank (Capacity 25 Ltrs. (approx.) and Electronic Stop Watch
- Sump Tank: Capacity 50 Ltrs
- Control Panel Comprises of: Standard make On/Off Switches/Starter, Mains Indicator etc
- Instruction Manual : An ENGLISH instruction manual will be provided along with the Apparatus
- Tanks will be made of Stainless Steel
- The whole set-up is well designed and arranged in a good quality painted structure
- To verify Darcy’s law
- To find out the coefficient of permeability of a given medium.
- Electricity Supply: Single Phase, 220V AC, 50Hz, 5-15 amp combined socket with earth connection
- Water Supply (Initial Fill)
- Floor Drain required
- Floor Area required: 1.5 m x 0.75 m
- Mercury (Hg) for manometer (250 gm)