FREE VORTEX APPARATUS
Model No: FM-016
The experimental set up consist of a circular transparent cylindrical tank in which four circumferential jets are placed along the circumference of the cylinder near its bottom which helps in the formation of free vortex.
The experimental set up consist of a circular transparent cylindrical tank in which four circumferential jets are placed along the circumference of the cylinder near its bottom which helps in the formation of free vortex. It is assumed that the torque exerted by these jets is negligible. A pointer can be transverse horizontally & vertically across full diameter of the vessel so that water surface profile can be measure. Both axes contain graduations so that exact position of the pointer is known. The experimental procedure involves measurement of the resulting free surface that represents the variation of the sum of the pressure head and datum head. An arrangement is provided to drain the vessel.
- Cylinder: Material Acrylic. Dia. 200 mm (approx.). Height: 200mm approx
- Water Circulation: FHP Pump, Crompton make
- Flow Measurement: Using Rota meter
- Sump Tank: Made of Stainless Steel, Compatible capacity
- Control Panel Comprises of: Standard make On/Off Switch, Mains Indicator, etc
- Instruction Manual : An ENGLISH instruction manual will be provided along with the Apparatus
- The whole set-up is well designed and arranged in a good quality painted structure
- To plot the surface profile of a free vortex by measurement of the surface profile coordinates and to show that total energy is constant throughout vortex
- Electricity Supply: Single Phase 220 V AC, 50 Hz, 5-15 amp socket with earth connection
- Water Supply (Initial fill)
- Drain required
- Floor Area Required: 1 m x 1 m.