Isothermal Continuously Stirred Tank Reactor Apparatus
In an ideal CSTR (i.e. an ideal steady-state flow reactor) the contents in the reactor are well mixed and have uniform composition throughout. Thus the exit stream has the same composition as the fluid within the reactor. This type of reactor is known as a mixed flow reactor. This setup is used to study a non-catalytic homogeneous second order liquid phase reaction under isothermal conditions.
In an ideal CSTR (i.e. an ideal steady-state flow reactor) the contents in the reactor are well mixed and have uniform composition throughout. Thus the exit stream has the same composition as the fluid within the reactor. This type of reactor is known as a mixed flow reactor. This setup is used to study a non-catalytic homogeneous second-order liquid phase reaction under isothermal conditions. The setup consists of two feed tanks through which two reactants are fed to the reactor. Rotameters are provided to measure the individual flow of Chemicals. The flow rate can be adjusted by operating the needle valves provided on the respective Rotameter. Compressed air is used for the circulation of feed. The CSTR is fitted with a stirrer for proper mixing. From the top outlet of it, samples are collected for analysis. Constant temperature water bath arrangement is provided to conduct the experiment at various temperatures. Pressure Regulator, Pressure Gauge, and Safety Valve are fitted in the compressed airline.
• Saponification Reaction study in Isothermal CSTR.
• To determine the Reaction Rate Constant and the effect of temperature on it.
• Electricity Supply: Single Phase, 220 VAC, 50 Hz, 5-15 Amp combined socket with earth connection. Earth voltage should be less than 5 volts.
• Compressed Air Supply: 0.5 [email protected] Bar
• Water Supply.
• Floor Drain.
• Floor Area Required: 1 m x 0.75 m
• Instruments, Laboratory Glassware, and Chemicals required for analysis as per the system adopted.
• Reactor: Material Stainless Steel, Capacity 2 Ltrs. (Approx.)
• Water Bath: Material Stainless Steel, Double wall, insulated with Ceramic Wool
• Heater: Nichrome wire Heater
• Stirrer (2Nos.): Stainless Steel Impeller and shaft coupled with FHP Motor (One each for Water Bath and Reactor).
• Feed Tank (2Nos.): Material Stainless Steel, Capacity-20 Ltrs. (Approx.)
• Feed Circulation: By compressed air.
• Flow Measurement: Rotameter-2Nos. (One each for Reactants).
• Piping: Stainless Steel and PU pipe.
• Pressure Regulator : 0-2 Kg/cm2
• Pressure Gauge : Bourdon type 0-2 Kg/cm2
• Temp. Sensor: RTD PT-100 type
• Control panel comprises of Digital Temp. Controller: PID Controller, 0-199.9°C (For Hot Water Bath) With Standard make on/off switch, Mains Indicator, etc.
• An ENGLISH instruction manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram, etc. will be provided along with the Apparatus.
• The whole set-up is well designed and arranged on a rigid structure painted with industrial PU Paint.