A Pitot tube is used to measure the local velocity at a given point in the flow stress. A pitot tube of standard design made of copper/SS is supplied and is fixed below vernies scale. The vernies scale is capable to measure the position of Pitot tube in transparent section. The pipe has a flow control valve to regulate the flow. An U-tube manometer is provided to determine the velocity head.
Present set-up is self-contained water re-circulating unit, provided with a sump tank and a centrifugal pump etc. Flow control valve and by-pass valve are fitted in water line to conduct the experiment on different flow rates. Flow rate of water is measured with the help of measuring tank and stop watch.
- Pitot tube: Material Copper/SS of compatible size fitted with vernies scale
- Test Section: Material Clear Acrylic, compatible to 1” Dia. Pipe
- Water Circulation: FHP Pump, Crompton make
- Flow Measurement: Using Measuring Tank with Piezometer (Capacity 25 Ltrs.) and Electronic Stop Watch Sump Tank: Capacity 50 Ltrs
- Control Panel Comprises of: Standard make On/Off Switch, Mains Indicator, etc.
- Instruction Manual : An ENGLISH instruction manual will be provided along with the Apparatus
- Tanks will be made of Stainless Steel
- The whole set-up is well designed and arranged in a good quality painted structure
- To find the point velocity at the center of a tube for different flow rates of water and calibrate the Pitot tube.
- To plot velocity profile across the cross section of pipe.
- Electricity Supply: Single Phase, 220V AC, 50Hz, 5-15 amp combined socket with earth connection
- Water Supply (Initial Fill)
- Floor Drain required
- Floor Area Required: 1.5 x 0.75 m
- Chemical Required: CCl4 – 50 ml and Iodine pallets for CCl4