R.T.D Studies In Plug Flow Tubular Reactor Apparatus
Real reactors do not satisfy the idealized flow patterns, back mix flow or plug flow deviation from ideality can be due to channeling of fluid through the vessel, recycling of fluid within the vessel, or due to the presence of stagnant region or pockets of fluid in the vessel.
Real reactors do not satisfy the idealized flow patterns, back mix flow or plug flow deviation from ideality can be due to channeling of fluid through the vessel, recycling of fluid within the vessel, or due to the presence of stagnant region or pockets of fluid in the vessel. To predict the exact behavior of a vessel as a Chemicals reactor, RTD or stimulus-response technique is used. The setup consists of one feed tank through which water is fed to the reactor. The flow rate can be adjusted by operating the needle valve and measured by Rotameter. Compressed air is used for the circulation of feed. A straight tube-type reactor is kept horizontally and inclined upward at the outlet from where samples are collected for analysis. For understanding the R.T.D. characteristics, a special arrangement to inject tracer into the lower end of the reactor, using a syringe is provided. Pressure Regulator & Pressure Gauge are fitted in the compressed airline
• To plot RTD curve for Plug Flow Reactor
• To determine the Dispersion No.
• Compressed Air Supply at 2 Bar, 0.25 CFM.
• Water Supply.
• Floor Drain.
• Floor Area Required: 1.5 m X 0.75 m.
• Instruments, Laboratory Glassware, and Chemicals required for analysis as per the system adopted.
• Reactor: Material Borosilicate Glass, OD-32mm, ID-25mm, Length-1200mm
• Feed Tank: Material Stainless Steel, Capacity 20 Ltrs. (approx.)
• Feed Circulation: By compressed air.
• Flow Measurement: By Rotameter
• Piping: Stainless Steel and PU pipe
• Pressure Regulator : 0-2 Kg/cm2 .
• Pressure Gauge : Bourdon type 0-2 Kg/cm2 .
• Stopwatch: Electronic
• Arrangement is done to inject a tracer into the inlet of the reactor.
• An ENGLISH instruction manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram, etc. will be provided along with the Apparatus.
• The whole set-up is well designed and arranged on a rigid structure painted with industrial PU Paint