Recycle Bed Reactor Apparatus
The setup consists of a catalyst-packed column of Stainless Steel. Reactant from a fed tank is fed to the reactor through a liquid distributor, fitted at one end of the column. Some part of the product is recycled to the reactor using a low capacity sophisticated pump or by overhead tank system. Rotameters are provided to measure the flow of feed & recycled products.
The setup consists of a catalyst-packed column of Stainless Steel. Reactant from a fed tank is fed to the reactor through a liquid distributor, fitted at one end of the column. Some part of the product is recycled to the reactor using a low capacity sophisticated pump or by overhead tank system. Rotameters are provided to measure the flow of feed & recycled products. The feed rate and recycle product ratio can be manipulated by the respective needle valves of the rotameter. Samples can be taken periodically from the top outlet of the reactor at another end. An arrangement is made to carry out the reaction at Isothermal conditions by circulating the hot water in the outer jacket of the packed bed reactor. The arrangement is done for proper mixing of feed & recycle product before its entry to the reactor. A magnetic drive pump made up of polypropylene is used for the circulation of feed.
• To determine the Reaction Rate Constant.
• Electricity Supply: Single Phase, 220 VAC, 50 Hz, 5-15 Amp combined socket with earth connection. Earth voltage should be less than 5 volts.
• Water Supply.
• Floor Drain.
• Floor Area Required: 1.0 m x 0.75 m.
• Instruments, Laboratory Glassware and Chemicals required for analysis as per the system adopted
Reactor Column: Material Stainless Steel Diameter 25mm (approx.), Length: 500mm (approx.).
• Packing: Catalyst
• Feed Tank (1Nos.): Material Stainless Steel, Capacity – 20 Ltrs.
• Flow Measurement: Rotameter 2Nos. (One each for feed & recycled product).
• Piping: Stainless Steel and PVC.
• Feed Circulation: Magnetic Pump of Polypropylene.
• Hot water tank: Made of Stainless steel, Double wall, insulated with Ceramic Wool, Capacity: 10-15 ltrs.
• Hot water Circulation: Magnetic Pump of Polypropylene to (in outer Jacket) circulate Hot Water maximum working temp. 85°C
• Heater: Nichrome wire
• Control panel comprising of Digital Temp. Controller: PID Controller, 0-199°C (For Hot Water Tank) With Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator & fuse, etc.
• An ENGLISH instruction manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram, etc. will be provided along with the Apparatus.
• The whole set-up is well designed and arranged on a rigid structure painted with industrial PU Paint.