THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY OF INSULATING SLAB
Model No: HT-006
The set-up is designed to determine thermal conductivity of insulating materials in the form of slab. The apparatus consists of main central heater and ring guard heater, sandwiched between the specimens.
The set-up is designed to determine thermal conductivity of insulating materials in the form of slab. The apparatus consists of main central heater and ring guard heater, sandwiched between the specimens. Cooling plates are provided on either side of the specimen. Two identical specimens are clamped between heaters that ensure unidirectional heat flow through specimen. The whole assembly is kept in chamber and insulated by ceramic wool insulation around the set-up
Diameter: 180 mm (approx.). Thickness: 12 mm (approx.)
Central Heater: Dia 100 mm sandwiched between copper plates.
Ring Guard Heater: Width 35 mm sandwiched between copper rings.
Cooling chamber: Made of Aluminum for water circulation. 2 Nos.
Insulation: Ceramic wool
Control panel comprising of:
- Digital Voltmeter: 0-300 Volt.
- Digital Ammeter : 0-2 Amp
- Variac: 0-230 V, 2 Amps, (2 Nos.) One each for central & ring guard heater
- Digital Temp. Indicator : 0199.90C, with multi-channel switch
- Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type
- With standard make On off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Instruction Manual: An ENGLISH instruction manual will be provided along with the Apparatus
MS Cabinet to accommodate the slab assembly.
The whole setup is mounted on a powder coated base plate
- Determination of thermal conductivity of insulating material in the form of slab
- Study of variation of thermal conductivity of the material with temperature.
- Electricity Supply: 1 Phase, 220 V AC, 2 Amps
- Continuous Water supply